The cabin...ver'n nice!
What a trip! I took the "Faust 3" to the cabin for a week of snow, skis, Granpa and Trevor! Faust 1 (Rich) had to go to New Hampshire for work...boy, he missed out!
It was so fun! Because it was an "off" week, John and Anne got private ski lessons (for the cost of group lessons). John did snowboarding and Anne skied. Their instructors were from Chile and Argentina...it was very cool since we've been learning Spanish in our co-op and one of the moms grew up in Chile.
William skied with me...at first between my legs, but by the second day he was skiing beside me on his own. He couldn't figure out how to stop so he'd just fall down and he was fine with that. He even did "Headin' Home" with me...it's a 3 1/2 mile long run! He was amazing.
I think Anne was the most amazing. She did GREAT! She was very much in control of her body...unlike "regular" living! I suppose she had to be in control or she'd go sailing off the mountain like a bird.
John enjoyed snowboarding but said next year he'll switch back to skis. He picked it up quite easily...I'm not surprised...he's the athletic, graceful one.
The cabin...she was ver'n nice! That's how my uncles talk about the cabin for those of you questionning my grammar! We played games, watched movies (thanks to the new DVD up there...thanks to whoever donated that piece of equipment), tried to look for wildlife (didn't see any at the cabin, but did see a herd of about 60 female elk near Eagle Nest Lake one morning). We went to Red River one day for lunch and to do some souvenier shopping.
Granpa taught the kids how to play Gin Rummy and told stories about the cabin before running water and his mom cooking on the old stove. Great memories are always made at the cabin. I know the kids love it because all three (independtly of each other) said they wanted to move up there. I do too!
Trevor and Georjane came up for a few days and the boys (William and Trevor) were inseparable. They shared so much that Trevor gave William his cough which turned into an ear infection here in Tulsa. Gotta love family! William will be fine and is feeling much better today. I'm glad they have bonded so well being so far apart!
Now that we're back home, we're still trying to get back into our routine...takes a while, but we'll get there.
Yes, the cabin...she is ver'n nice!
It was so fun! Because it was an "off" week, John and Anne got private ski lessons (for the cost of group lessons). John did snowboarding and Anne skied. Their instructors were from Chile and Argentina...it was very cool since we've been learning Spanish in our co-op and one of the moms grew up in Chile.
William skied with me...at first between my legs, but by the second day he was skiing beside me on his own. He couldn't figure out how to stop so he'd just fall down and he was fine with that. He even did "Headin' Home" with me...it's a 3 1/2 mile long run! He was amazing.
I think Anne was the most amazing. She did GREAT! She was very much in control of her body...unlike "regular" living! I suppose she had to be in control or she'd go sailing off the mountain like a bird.
John enjoyed snowboarding but said next year he'll switch back to skis. He picked it up quite easily...I'm not surprised...he's the athletic, graceful one.
The cabin...she was ver'n nice! That's how my uncles talk about the cabin for those of you questionning my grammar! We played games, watched movies (thanks to the new DVD up there...thanks to whoever donated that piece of equipment), tried to look for wildlife (didn't see any at the cabin, but did see a herd of about 60 female elk near Eagle Nest Lake one morning). We went to Red River one day for lunch and to do some souvenier shopping.
Granpa taught the kids how to play Gin Rummy and told stories about the cabin before running water and his mom cooking on the old stove. Great memories are always made at the cabin. I know the kids love it because all three (independtly of each other) said they wanted to move up there. I do too!
Trevor and Georjane came up for a few days and the boys (William and Trevor) were inseparable. They shared so much that Trevor gave William his cough which turned into an ear infection here in Tulsa. Gotta love family! William will be fine and is feeling much better today. I'm glad they have bonded so well being so far apart!
Now that we're back home, we're still trying to get back into our routine...takes a while, but we'll get there.
Yes, the cabin...she is ver'n nice!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home