My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Confirmation Pics are FINALLY here...



The whole class!



John :)



with Pastor Hintz (on the left) and Pastor Wilke (on the right)
both are Texans



The Faust Five...don't we look snazzy!

I suppose an update on The Faust Five is long overdue, huh?  Our homeschool co-op has gone to two days a week for the middle schoolers.  Which means John goes twice.  It's been a good fit for him as compared to a traditional school set-up.  There are 8 kids in his class and we've know most of them for 4-5 years.  At our co-op he's taking American History, Geology, Anatomy, High School Spanish, Grammar, Literature Studies, Introduction to Computers and Art.  His favorite class?  Lunch!!  Surprisingly he likes almost all of them.  He played in a wooden bat league this fall and had fun, but realized baseball's not something he wants to pursue whole-heartedly.  He says he wants to focus on Scouting so he can be an Eagle like his dad, grandfather, great-grandfather and uncle.  Warms my heart :)

Anne is home from public school this year.  She was exposed to waaaay too much of the world at such a young age.  Plus she was completely bored and ended up teaching math to her class while her teacher played on her computer.  That's just a couple of things that pushed me over the edge in regards to our public school system.  Don't get me started.  She's back at our co-op and enjoying it.  We're getting ready to tackle Latin next year and she's actually looking forward to it.  Her mind is amazing!!  She had so much fun acting that she wants to audition for more.

William is still in our co-op and having loads of fun.  His favorite class is art and recess!  Go figure!!  He's still in scouts and is a Bear.  He sold over $1000 worth of popcorn this year (again).  The delivering of the popcorn is not so fun.  I think he wants to play baseball again this spring.

Rich is still consumed with pretty much every spare minute he has with the Boy Scout troop.  It's a lot of work...I think more than he thought.  He turned 50 this year and ran the 15K Tulsa Run...coming in around 800 out of a lot!  He did great!

I'm still teaching at our co-op...all the science classes.  We did Geology this last semester and it brought many memories of my college days...getting in trouble for talking during Palentology, my field trip advisor thinking I'd never make it and swore I'd ended up being a Southwest Airlines flight attendant, eating dirt to figure out the grain size, and especially my teacher at Amarillo College who rekindled my love of earth science that was first fostered by my 4th grade science teacher.  What an impact some teachers have.  I only hope I can impact someone, let alone my own kids.

That's an update for you...I suppose I should blog more, but I seem to spend most of my time on Facebook.  We're considering a family missions trip to Grenada this spring.  Hope we can squeeze in a trip to the cabin over the 4th of July since we missed it last year.

Here's to 2010! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home