My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Friday, May 29, 2009

Meet the newest Faust...


Here name is Andie...for several reasons: First, she looks somewhat similar to my cousin's dog named Andy...well, sort of...and Andie stands for
Anne
JohN
RicharD
WillIam
ShellEy
Do you see it? All of our names spell Andie! Cute, huh?
So, how did we (a "cat"family) end up with a dog....long story, but basically a stray found us. We've tried the dog thing before. With little success....two great dogs given away to new homes. But this dog was older, trained and my children were in love. I conned (I mean, talked) Rich into it. And it hasn't been so bad. We're learning about dogs. Apparently, Andie thinks I'm the ruler of the roost...smart dog! She's bonded to me (which is not what I wanted to happen...being a cat person and NOT a dog person).
Sidebar her....we have a cat... I LOVE cats...they are very independent like myself. Our cat loves Rich. Rich seems to be allergic to cats, but this cat LOVES him...absolutely LOVES him. I thought it was funny. Fast forward to "the dog" being here who has bonded with me...not a "dog" person. It's not so funny now that the dog loves me!
Anyway, this dog has apparently had issues in the past (poor thing). We've invested a lot of $$$ in this dog as a result of a mis-hap with a neighbor dog, a fence and an ear (another long sordid tale). Needless to say, we OWN this dog now. And if the owner should appear...you owe us some moola for time and suffering!
But, really...I secretly love this dog...SHHHHH... don't tell my family (or the dog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home