My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

They stink...they smell...but it's a lot of fun!

Cub Scout Day Camp! I volunteered to be in charge of our Pack this year. We have 5 boys attending camp. Four are Bears and one is an incoming Tiger, who [according to his Mom] is 6having a GREAT time. It's only Day 2 [out of 5]. We've gone fishing [didn't catch anything], shot BB guns [that's the boy's favorite], made fossils and a bug catcher, played games, saw a 6-week old bob cat, a lemur and a ball snake [brought to visit us by Safari's]. Although, William, Charlie [a 4-year old friend] and I found a small dead snake. The boys were twisting it all around their fingers, squishing it, picking at it and swinging it around like a rope...GROSS! I'm totally exhausted, but to watch John have such a great time...it's all worth it!

Cost of camp: $45.00
Buying junk at the Trading Post: $2.50
Bug spray and sunscreen: $7.50
Experiencing Cub Scout Day Camp with your son: priceless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home