My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Cadillac Ranch
Amarillo, Texas
We finally took the kids to Cadillac Ranch over Thanksgiving. Spray paint in hand, we were ready to leave our mark! The kids had a lot of fun doing "legal" graffiti. I have not been to Cadillac Ranch since my infamous MTV debut about 19 years ago. Yes, walking with my friend, Tamara, the MTV V-Jay, Allen Hunter, and that "rich, weird millionaire" Stanley Marsh. It was quite an interesting day.
Being a 5th generation Amarillo-an, I'm embarrassed to say that was the first time I'd ever been to Cadiallac Ranch. I guess my parents didn't care much for the ranch. I must admit that having the spray paint was a lot more fun than just going out there to gawk at it.
It was kind of crazy, though. There were a couple of Asian folks there with their big, fancy cameras and tripods taking all sorts of photos. I'm sure it'd be a fun to place to hang out if you're into people watching...there'd be all kinds out there!
Next time, we're bringing the large can of spray paint! WOO HOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home