My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Friday, August 24, 2007

40 Year Old Girls Gone Wild In Cozumel...

Knew the title would get ya! My friend from Kindergarten (Amy) called me up in January and said, "Hey, Shell...you know we both turn 40 this year...how about a trip to Cozumel with just the girls. Remember, Charlotte, my room-mate from college...well she'll be 40, too! What do you say?"
I didn't need to think about it...just needed to convince Rich and line up people to watch the kids. It all worked out and I had one of the most amazing trips ever in my life...one I will NEVER forget (well, maybe parts of it...haha).

I typed up a detailed list/schedule of where the kids were to be each day and even included "suggested dinners"...food items I had bought before leaving. The kids attended a local VBS and had a blast!


So, here's a few pics from my trip:



Shelley, Charlotte, and Amy

"Tres Curvas Peligrosas Amigas"




This is at the hotel beach...yes, those are my toes!




This was at our favorite beach on the east side of the island. It was quiet, the waves were nice, the drinks were cold, the pico was yummy and the company was fabulous!
It was a wonderful trip and I would go again in a heartbeat! It was a good trip for me...I haven't done much for myself in a looooooooooong time. Made me realize I need to spend more time on me and less on the kids, house and schooling. So, upon returning to Tulsa, I have joined a Book Club (which I'm thrilled about), put Anne in school (which we're both thrilled about) and tried to do more things for just me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! I want to go now. I will be turning 40 this year and now you have me thinking of doing something REALLY special for myself. The beach pictures are awesome! I could almost feel the ocean breeze & hear the sound of the waves. ~Kimberly B.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home