Time for a new blog entry....
Unfortunately, nothing exciting has happenned...well, at least nothing worth noting. I'm so sorry blog readers. We have been busy, though...
Tomorrow starts our 5th week of school! Already? WOW...that was fast! But I guess so when school starts August 11!
Anne is doing great...except for the mean girl issues and all the drama that comes with a 4th grader. She's growing up and it's hard to accept.
The boys are...boys! John hates everything to do with school. He's in a new co-op this year called History Makers. It's a brief overview of history from the beginning to current times. The basic premise of the class is that he's given explorerers, scientists, and inventions to look up and chronicle. John is very much a wall flower in a classroom setting. But I was shockingly suprised when the teacher asked him to help some other students in class to do their timelines (he had his done...after much weeping and gnashing of teeth...no thanks to Mom). He stepped right up and helped the kids, explaining how he set up his timeline. Maybe I need to let go a little more and not be such a helicopter parent.
William is great! He's reading like a 3rd grader...chapter books! So different from my other two. He's very eager to get his work done because then he can play. Building Lego creations are a favorite as well as a computer game called Line Draw (I think that's right).
Our other co-op started last Wednesday. This is our 4th year....there were six families that started it and surprisingly, all six are back this year. Two families dropped out last year, but have returned. We've grown, though, to 20 families! It's an amazing group of women and the first day went great. I'm teaching Botany this year. Not my favorite science subject, but I'm sure I'll learn something! I'm also teaching/learning sign language to 4 kids...I remember signing to my friends in church during the sermon when I was in high school.
Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts are in full swing. John and Rich will be doing the canoe thing for Boy Scouts in a couple of weeks. Rich is very excited as this was his favorite Scout activity. Rich did take all three kids Friday night to Cub World for an overnight adventure complete with BB Guns, Archery and a water balloon fight. Me? I don't like to camp when it's hot. So, I stayed home, ate Chinese food and watched "Titanic." Sad to say I fell asleep about 9:15!
John is taking guitar lessons....Anne is taking piano lessons and William wants to take drum lessons. I remember my brother had a drum set...in the garage. That was still too close to the house! However, when we were in the music store last week, the kids found this drum set where you have headphones. I'm thinking I like that kind....but a price tag of $800!
Anne is also taking Drama classes and learning the history of the theater, etc. She's enjoying it and seems to be a natural. They'll perform something for a nursing home in December.
I joined the Facebook community and having a ball re-connecting with old friends. And connecting with the young, hip Y2K generation.
So, a boring update...so sorry. Will post some pics soon! Thanks for reading :)
Tomorrow starts our 5th week of school! Already? WOW...that was fast! But I guess so when school starts August 11!
Anne is doing great...except for the mean girl issues and all the drama that comes with a 4th grader. She's growing up and it's hard to accept.
The boys are...boys! John hates everything to do with school. He's in a new co-op this year called History Makers. It's a brief overview of history from the beginning to current times. The basic premise of the class is that he's given explorerers, scientists, and inventions to look up and chronicle. John is very much a wall flower in a classroom setting. But I was shockingly suprised when the teacher asked him to help some other students in class to do their timelines (he had his done...after much weeping and gnashing of teeth...no thanks to Mom). He stepped right up and helped the kids, explaining how he set up his timeline. Maybe I need to let go a little more and not be such a helicopter parent.
William is great! He's reading like a 3rd grader...chapter books! So different from my other two. He's very eager to get his work done because then he can play. Building Lego creations are a favorite as well as a computer game called Line Draw (I think that's right).
Our other co-op started last Wednesday. This is our 4th year....there were six families that started it and surprisingly, all six are back this year. Two families dropped out last year, but have returned. We've grown, though, to 20 families! It's an amazing group of women and the first day went great. I'm teaching Botany this year. Not my favorite science subject, but I'm sure I'll learn something! I'm also teaching/learning sign language to 4 kids...I remember signing to my friends in church during the sermon when I was in high school.
Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts are in full swing. John and Rich will be doing the canoe thing for Boy Scouts in a couple of weeks. Rich is very excited as this was his favorite Scout activity. Rich did take all three kids Friday night to Cub World for an overnight adventure complete with BB Guns, Archery and a water balloon fight. Me? I don't like to camp when it's hot. So, I stayed home, ate Chinese food and watched "Titanic." Sad to say I fell asleep about 9:15!
John is taking guitar lessons....Anne is taking piano lessons and William wants to take drum lessons. I remember my brother had a drum set...in the garage. That was still too close to the house! However, when we were in the music store last week, the kids found this drum set where you have headphones. I'm thinking I like that kind....but a price tag of $800!
Anne is also taking Drama classes and learning the history of the theater, etc. She's enjoying it and seems to be a natural. They'll perform something for a nursing home in December.
I joined the Facebook community and having a ball re-connecting with old friends. And connecting with the young, hip Y2K generation.
So, a boring update...so sorry. Will post some pics soon! Thanks for reading :)


1 Comments:
Interesting update, not boring at all. :-)
Kim B.
Post a Comment
<< Home