My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

School or PlayStation 2...hmmm...what a decision!

Today has been declared an In-Service Day!

You see...last night John got to go to The Incredible Pizza Company as a reward for selling over $1000 worth of popcorn for the Scouts. Any boy (in our district) who accomplished this was treated last night. It was fun...they got a free buffet and a free $10 game card. They also got their name put in a bucket for drawings for various prizes...a dome tent, a 4-in-1 TV/Lantern, a basketball goal, an air hockey table, season tickets to the Oilers games, some chocolatey crunch popcorn, etc. Fifty boys were selected for prizes (there were over 150 boys who accomplished the $1000 thing).

Anyway...John won a PlayStation 2! He's been wanting this or an X-Box for about a year now, but Rich and I just didn't want to spend the money (over $200) for something like that. He has been floating around since last night!

So, you can see my dilemna...have his mind constantly be focused on when he gets to try out his new toy while trying to keep his mind on his schoolwork or just let me him play with it! I chose option number 2. Plus this extra time gives me the opportunity to finish some holiday baking before tumbling class this afternoon.

I'm the mom who did away with school today and opted for fun!

Shelley

P.S. John did tell me I was really "cool" to let him play instead of doing school today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home