My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

40th Birthday SURPRISE party...

While in Mexico, Rich put together a surprise birthday party for me. I had made big (well, not that big) plans to have a small dinner/cookout with some good friends from church and my Dad even came into town! Which was great because we hadn't seen him since all his surgeries in March.

So, Janet and I went for a pedicure/manicure then to El Tequila's for chips and drinks before heading home to marinate the shrimp and steak and grill everything. Her husband and kids would just meet us at our place about 5:00 or so and we'd start getting things ready for dinner.

We fiinished up El Tequila's and started for home. I was driving and when we pulled onto our street I thought, "Wow, there sure are a lot of cars here." But it didn't faze me because our neighbors usually have get togethers and lot so people go over. But when we got closer and I saw some people I knew walking into my house, I turned to Janet and she just said, "They're all here for you, Shelley." Well, I'm not a crier, but I let loose. I pulled into the driveway and had to stay there for at least 5 minutes putting myself back together.

I walked into the house and there were about 80 people there singing "Happy Birthday" to me....to me! I couldn't believe it! It was absolutely wonderful! All those people were there for me! I have been told that I could never have friends, that no one wanted to be my friend, that I couldn't keep friends and then to see all these people there FOR ME! It was amazing!

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to post, but wanted to let you know that 40 truly is fabulous...well, except that you're body starts to go to pot...needing my reading glasses more and more these days...oh well!

Thanks to Rich for a great 40th birthday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness! 80 people at your house. That must have been overwhelming (in a good way of course!). Who in the world ever told you that you couldn't have friends. You are such a lovely person! I can't even imagine such a thought...especially about you. ~Kimberly B.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home