My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Forts and the Civil War...

We've recently been studying the Civil War (and when I get the pictures back from Wal-Mart, I'll post some more photos from the Battle of Cabin Creek re-enactment. It's done once every three years and this was a "3rd year." It ws so fun to visit the Union and Confederate camps, ask questions and see how they really lived during the 1850s. John was capitavated!
These pictres are from the re-enactment at Fort Gibson. The history was fascinating! It's amazing that this fort has been here since 1825!

I think I'm going to see if Rich can build me one of these for at home use.

John (and some buddies) doing cannon duty.


William got to be "Johnny Shiloh" - the boy who carried to powder to the cannon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home