My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Day 4 of NO POWER...

And I'm getting grumpy!

My house is a pit...stuff tracked in from the yard all over the kitchen and dining room. I can't do laundry because we have no power...clothes piling up...kids getting antsy to do something...looting has started...where's the National Guard? We haven't seen one police car go down our street! When Amarillo flooded 20+ years ago, the National Guard was called up almost immediately to patrol the area. What...do they want another Katrina riot on their hands?

And then the kids...John comes down stairs this morning and asks if I can do some laundry...he's out of underwear... and I'm looking at him like "Where have you been the past 4 days?" WE HAVE NO ELECTRICITY...IT TAKES ELECTRICITY TO WASH YOUR CLOTHES! I think if he asks again, I'll have him wash his unmentionables in the sink!

Then we go to Quiktrip for something warm to drink. Immediately all 3 kids spy the DVD display and ask if we can get a movie. HELLO....IS ANYONE HOME IN THERE...WE HAVE NO POWER...WE CAN'T WATCH TV OR A MOVIE! Where did these kids come from?

So, Rich and his boss are out looking for a generator...it'll set us back about $500...there goes Christmas! Oh well...warmth or gifts....I'll take the warmth any day! I'm sure the kids would beg to differ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home