My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

No power and it really stinks!

We lost power shortly after I uploaded the pictures to my blog...about 11:30 a.m. Monday morning. Currently, it's Wednesday at 3:00 and we have no power...

How am I writing this, you ask...well, the libary is open ... YEAH! The kids are getting some screen time and so am I. We only get 90 minutes a day so I have to work fast!

The current estimate to have power back on to everyone is Tuesday, the 18th at midnight. I'm not sure I'll last that long.

We've gotten out and driven around the town and it's just shocking. Beautiful, well-established neighborhoods look like war zones...there are power lines down all over the place, trees block roads and driveways....and driving at night is so eerie...no lights...even most of the traffic signals don't work...spooky!

So far we've all been getting along well...the kids have had to be more creative and came up with their own rendition of "Deal or No Deal" complete with Rich being Howie Mandel and wanting to take commercials all the time. It was fun...William was the contestant and won only $5000 out of a potential $3,000,000. This storm has been good for them just for the fact that they're realizing they can survive without electronic devices and their brains can think of some fun things to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home