My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Sunday, October 12, 2008

6th graders to church camp...

Our church decided to take the 6th graders (at least the ones that could go) to church camp for the weekend. This event was for 6th, 7th and 8th graders in Oklahoma from surrounding Lutheran churches. We decided to just take our 6th graders since the 7th and 8th graders get to do other fun things.
We had a lot of fun, got too little sleep, and got to know each other better. When I saw the schedule of events and realized that lights out was at 12:30 AM I almost backed out. I like to go to bed about 9:30 or 10:00. I do get up early, though...about 5:30. Friday night they were in bed, lights out, still giggling at 12:45 AM! Saturday night we were all in bed asleep by 11:30. I heard that one of our boys went back to his cabin, crawled into his sleeping bag head first still in his clothes and didn't emerge until Sunday morning (still wearing the same clothes).
We spent time in nature, listened to God's word, sang fun songs, took a faith walk (where everyone except the leader is blindfolded), had a campfire and ate the camp food.
It was a fun weekend and I have new insight into these kids and what makes them tick (or not tick). I think I need another nap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home