My Photo
Name:
Location: Oklahoma, United States

I'm a Native Texan transplanted to a neighboring state; mom of 3 kids; a homeschooling mom always in search of "me time"

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 7...and rumor has it...

Power will be back on after Christmas! Oh, I hope they're wrong!

School has been out all week...not too bad for us since the boys are homeschooled, but Anne is missing her teacher and her friends. We'll find out tonight at 7:30 at a press conference if Lanier has electricity...if not, she gets another day off, but the boys will be heading back to school tomorrow!

The generator is great, but my life has certainly taken a new turn...it's hard to operate on such low amounts of power...boy, we sure do take things for granted.

It really hasn't been too bad...especially since the generator showed up...we have heat, a cold fridge and an occasional TV show. I'm just ready for normalcy again.

Why is it taking so long? Well, someone in our neighborhood ran down an electric company worker and found out that there are 4 poles that need to be replaced and 3 are inaccessible! AARRGGHH! Oh well...at least our house didn't catch on fire from all the candles we've burned and we didn't die from carbon monoxide poisoning from the gas stove tops burning or from the kerosene heater someone loaned us. But this cold weather makes me want to eat more! Not a good thing! So, don't tell me I look fat the next time you see me :) I know you won't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home